Taylor k2006 test kit

dkbrat

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 19, 2013
dallas,tx
I am new to this site. I have read extensively about using this kit. I went to Amazon to purchase and only found one seller. A customer review indicated this seller was not reputable and shipped the wrong product. I went to Bing and found a different seller. Also saw a similar comment that they were shipping a previous model. Does anyone have a reputable site I can purchase the test kit from?

Thanks for any help

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I would recommend this seller: www.tftestkits.net ... who also happens to own this forum, but the customer service is second to none.

I would also highly recommend getting the TF-100 instead of the K-2006 as it is a better value since the quantity of the regents in more in line with what you need.

See the link in my signature for a comparison of the test kits.

I am in Dallas. I was just convinced to get off of the pool store ride after my latest encounter of a pool repair. I do have a bucket of tablets I should use up before changing to the BBB method. I want to get the test kit and get familiar with the process

If you've been using tablets, raising your CYA further (continuing to use tablets) will only make the problem worse. They keep well if you want to save them for when you go on vacation or over the years when your CYA is low.

K-2006 is fine too, but you will need to order reagents sooner (TFTestkits.net has refill reagents), also get a speedstir, you won't regret it!

If you decide to get the K-2006, go ahead and order the CYA refill right away.

Agreed. Do not think that you are saving money by finishing using all the pucks. They very well could be making your problems worse. They will last a LONG time in the bucket and can be used for special occasions. To learn more about the chemistry, read Pool School and ask questions.

dkbrat said:
I am in Dallas. I was just convinced to get off of the pool store ride after my latest encounter of a pool repair. I do have a bucket of tablets I should use up before changing to the BBB method. I want to get the test kit and get familiar with the process
I understand. I have some rotten meat that smells funny and makes me nauseous I should finish before I go to the grocery store to buy more.

Get it?

I have never known the pucks to have a shelf life....+1 what others have said.

I think there was at least one Simpson's episode about Homer eating bad food, but maybe that was me after happy hour, I can't remember. :shock: :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What everyone is trying to say is that most people have too much CYA in their pool. They have to drain part of the pool to get it down to he proper level. Those pucks add CYA along with chlorine. The more pucks you use, the more water you will have to drain. Go to Pool School (its the button on the upper right of this page) and you can begin learning how to properly manage your pool, without spending a dime at a pool store..

I found the kit at a local pool store. Did my first test. Assuming I did all correctly these are my test results. I may repeat tomorrow to confirm, as it was a bit overwhelming the first time, and definitely need a paper and pen

Free 2.6
Co .2
PH 7.6
TA 140
CH 190
CYA--this is where I am confused. Did test twice same results. I could not see the black dot long before liquid reached 100 on black chart. I did notice numbers on the side of the small comparator the first appeared to be 1.8 or 18 basically about a 1/4 inch from the bottom of the comparator. Halfway is 4.5 and then 9. Do these number have any relation to the test, or is my number that far over 100. Or did I do the test improperly. Only thing I could think of was not shaking long enough. Would that matter

dkbrat said:
CYA--this is where I am confused. Did test twice same results. I could not see the black dot long before liquid reached 100 on black chart. I did notice numbers on the side of the small comparator the first appeared to be 1.8 or 18 basically about a 1/4 inch from the bottom of the comparator. Halfway is 4.5 and then 9. Do these number have any relation to the test, or is my number that far over 100. Or did I do the test improperly. Only thing I could think of was not shaking long enough. Would that matter
Your number is way over 100. Redo the test, mixing 50% pool water with 50% tap water, then do the test with that water. If you get a reading under 100 then double the results and that is your CYA. If you are still over 100 then do it with 1/4 pool water and 3/4 tap water and multiply the result by 4.

Also, this will come in to play soon: are you under any water restrictions?

Confirming results with a pool store is like using an abacus to confirm a calculator. Your results are more accurate than any pool store's would be.

The next best alternative to water replacement right now is to maintain an FC of around 30. There might be other, less desirable but doable alternatives. How does your water look at the moment?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.