Oops! I forgot my pool! (A photo series)

afrikaanmomma said:
I have enjoyed reading this. It has given me hope. I have gone the store route for 6 frustrating years. Came home on Friday night after 8 day vacation to a green pool. Pool store changed ideas and chemical cocktails all week. $145 and 6 days later ... no change. Thank goodness I found this site yesterday morning. Read it for 24 hours. Bought a recommended test kit and SLAMmed my pool last night. Its been 20 hours and already the 'bright' green pond-look is dulling a little. Not much, but reading your posts and seeing the photos has given me such confidence. I will "Never Ever Ever ... get back together" with a pool store.

Well, this was 4 days (I finally figured it out) and it cost right around $30 to fix. Would've been way cheaper if I had just maintained it from the get go, but that's neither here nor there now.

Anyone reading this thread and is new to all of this, the only thing I used was Chlorine. No algaecides, no shock powder, no miracle in a can for $45.73, I ONLY used liquid Chlorine.

Anyway, you have three times the water I do, so you'll use more chlorine than I did, but if you follow the SLAMming instructions. Don't panic, and have patience, it'll work. It always does.

I didn't go into all the details on exactly what I did as it's all in Pool School anyway. I was more concentrated on the photos as that's what will really tell the story around here.

Don't worry about your pool, it'll be all sparkly in no time! That is, if you keep following the steps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.