Are Some Companies Starting to Understand?

Donldson

TFP Expert
Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio
I was looking something up for another thread on In The Swim and I found this statement on a Dichlor powder page:
– If chlorine seems to be ineffective check the stabilizer also known as cyanuric acid. The correct level for stabilizer is 30-60 ppm. If the stabilizer is too low the chlorine will be used up faster making it appear that the chlorine is not effective. If the stabilizer level is too high it will slow down the oxidizing process and render the chlorine less effective. This must be compensated for by using a higher concentration of chlorine in the pool water.
This is the first time I have ever seen a chemical supply company acknowledge the CL/CYA relationship. It may not be a chart, but it's more than I have ever seen.

I also saw this on a Trichlor tablet page:
One 3” (7oz) Tablet of Trichlor delivers approximately 5.495 ppm of available chlorine and 3.27 ppm of Cyanuric acid into 10,000 gallons of water. Trichlor contains 54.2% by weight of the chlorine carrier molecule Cyanuric acid, so every 8oz tablet of trichlor contains 4.336 oz of Cyanuric acid.
I know they are an online retailer and don't have as much to gain with uninformed customers as a brick and mortar store do, but I am still surprised to see it. Maybe things are starting to change to a more open and honest way of full disclosure when selling chemicals?

:| Well, maybe not yet, but I still say kudos to them for putting that up.

As this forum grows, we will have more and more impact on the general pool industry.

We were totally dismissed some years ago but I see more and more of our philosophy having some effect.

Don't worry.....we will not run out of phosphate remover victims for the foreseeable future. :mrgreen:

duraleigh said:
As this forum grows, we will have more and more impact on the general pool industry.

We were totally dismissed some years ago but I see more and more of our philosophy having some effect.

Don't worry.....we will not run out of phosphate remover victims for the foreseeable future. :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, we just got another one a few minutes ago. No worries, I will try to help them all. Some we will win, some will be lost to the evil forces.
:hammer:

When I was pool stored they had me adding stabilizer on a weekly basis and using tablets. I don't even remember what their print-outs said about "shock," if anything.

I recall overhearing the manager telling someone that he uses liquid chlorine. Pretty sure he didn't elaborate beyond that though.

EDIT: oh, wait!! I do remember, they had me using Poolife Rapid shock weekly, which is cal-hypo.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.