Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Moving to Queen Creek, AZ

1. Back To Top    #1

Moving to Queen Creek, AZ

Currently the family (wife & 5 year old daughter) live in Chandler, but will be moving to QC in about a month. The "new" house has a pool. Since I am not there yet, I can't give much info except that it is a Shasta, 10k-15k playpool, non SWG, pebble-tec finish. I have owned a house with a diving pool once, and after reading on this forum, I can see why I had trouble maintaining it. 7 pucks in the super floater, another in the skimmer, and 2 bags of shock a week. My CYA must have been through the roof!
    Now, I have this site and BBB. I will be buying a real test kit soon, and the neighbor across the street owns a pool store, so I may get good deals on pool toys!
    Anyway, just giving a shout out, and will post levels when I get them.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Moving to Queen Creek, AZ

Welcome to TFP!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtw4shore
    I will be buying a real test kit soon
    Smart move.

BTW, Here's a post that describes the typical pool store method of maintaining swimming pools and the resultant CYA climb: Frustrated. Look for Richard320's post on page 1 dated June 27, 2013.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome! I'm in chandler almost bought in queen creek because you get a lot more for the money.

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm here in ya'lls neck of the woods. I'd like more land as found in QC, but it is much nicer to commute to work from my Chandler location.
    NEW POOL: 11k IGP, Pebbletec, Hayward Pro-Grid 3620 D.E. Filter, 1HP Pentair?/Emerson
    OLD POOL: 12.3k IGP, Pebbletec, Pentair 60 D.E. Filter, 1HP Pentair/Emerson + 1HP Pentair waterfall, Pentair IC40, and borated

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by peacefulkancer
    I'm here in ya'lls neck of the woods. I'd like more land as found in QC, but it is much nicer to commute to work from my Chandler location.
    You are NOT kidding!!!!

7. Back To Top    #7

Hope your commute isn't to the other side of town during rush hour!
    NEW POOL: 11k IGP, Pebbletec, Hayward Pro-Grid 3620 D.E. Filter, 1HP Pentair?/Emerson
    OLD POOL: 12.3k IGP, Pebbletec, Pentair 60 D.E. Filter, 1HP Pentair/Emerson + 1HP Pentair waterfall, Pentair IC40, and borated