Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Light Failure

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Light Failure

I searched the forum but my question is so basic I couldn't find answer. My light went out and I need to know how to service it. Of course, shut the power. But do you have to drain water to below the light in order to remove it or do you just remove it underwater?
    10000 Gal, IG Pebbletec, pop up cleaners,Hayward EcoStar VS, 425 sq ft Hayward Cartridge, waterfall feature

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Light Failure

What light do you have?
    16,000 IG, SWG, 175 sq. ft. cartridge, 1.5 hp pump, vinyl, Charlotte NC
    TF-100, Pool School, Pool-Calc

3. Back To Top    #3

Generally you take out a single screw from the ring and the whole thing will come out and you can put it on the deck and work on it.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

Not sure what light I have until I remove, not the original owner.
    So I can remove the fixture under water and put it on the deck and remove the bulb?
    10000 Gal, IG Pebbletec, pop up cleaners,Hayward EcoStar VS, 425 sq ft Hayward Cartridge, waterfall feature

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes that is correct. There should be enough cord in the light niche to allow you to place it on the deck in order to change the bulb. You tube has some videos of the process.
    2013 20x40 Vinyl Ingound Pool. 30K Gallons. Hayward Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator. Hayward C-3030 Cartridge Filter. 1.5 HP Pentair Pump. Pentair Magic Stream II Deck Jets. Pool Automation=Allen-Bradley PLC 5/04. TF-100 Test Kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by tgreen
    Yes that is correct. There should be enough cord in the light niche to allow you to place it on the deck in order to change the bulb. You tube has some videos of the process.
    Thanks, did a quick look at YouTube, it will show me what to do. May try a conversion to LED though I don't use the light very often. This one probably lasted 9 years.