Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: EasyTouch and a 2-speed motor

1. Back To Top    #1

Central FL

EasyTouch and a 2-speed motor

I would like to switch out the motor of my single speed Pentair WhisperFlo pump, for a 2-speed motor. The one currently in my system is an A.O. Smith 1hp/s.f. 1.25, and everything is hooked up to a Pentair EasyTouch 4 automation system. I'm having a hard time finding the instructions on the wiring for the 2-speed motor from the EasyTouch control panel. From what I've read so far, is that I would need to get the 2-speed relay from Pentair to connect it to the EasyTouch control panel, so I'll be able to switch from high/low speeds.

What I need to know is, if I'll need to run/add additional wires from the EasyTouch control panel to the 2-speed motor.
    10k gal. plaster IGP with attached Spa, Pentair EasyTouch 4 automation system with 4 circuit wireless control, Pentair WhisperFlo WF-24 1hp single speed pump, Pentair IntelliChlor IC20 Salt Water Chlorine Generator, 3x Savi Melody w/color LED's, Pentair MasterTemp 400 LP water heater, Pentair Clean & Clear CC150 Cartridge Filter.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: EasyTouch and a 2-speed motor

Yes, a two speed motor with the speed switched remotely needs three wires plus ground, while a single speed only needs two plus ground. The three wires are high speed, low speed, and common.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School