Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fusion Soft 2 SWG Problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Fusion Soft 2 SWG Problem

We have a Fusion Soft 2 SWG for our 17000 IGP and up until recently was working flawlessly. We had our pool refurbished with pebble sheen,
    so it was drained for about a month. Refilled and let the surface cure for a month before we added the salt.
    The system and pool are new, less that 18 months old. Last Thursday, I got an error code saying the electrolytic cell was dirty,
    so I removed it and saw that it was caked with mineral deposits. Cleaned it in a 4:1 mixture of water and muriatic acid,
    cleaned up fine. Replaced the cell and reset the chlorine production to 75%. Tested the water this morning and have
    zero residual chlorine. I currently run my filter pump from 9:00-11:30 @ 2800 RPM for the in pool vac to run then in kicks
    down to 1800 RPM from 11:30-6:00. Pool salt was added on Aug. 12th.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening and how can I fix it?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Fusion Soft 2 SWG Problem

Your levels are out of balance, probably in more than one way. You should post a complete set of water test results so we can see what is going on.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Levels as of this morning:

FCl = 0
    Alk = 100
    ph = 7.7
    Cya = 40

Turns out the flow at 1800 RPM was too low to activate the cell, so I increased it by 100 until the "No Flow" warning went away, stopping at 2300 RPM.
    Now the display shows "Flow and Cell On". Production at 80%. Will check the levels tomorrow.
    I think that did it.

4. Back To Top    #4

Modesto, CA

Did that resolve your issue?