pump replacement

Aug 18, 2013
I am in the process of replacing my pump.( current pump is Hayward SP2807x10 1 HP) I have about 16000 gal. pool with a '70s fiberglass sand filter, and a solar system on the roof.so i have about an 11' rise to consider.
I've been told the solar system complicates the selection of the pump. Can i still use a 2 speed or variable pump? I was looking at a Jandy VS-Fhp2.0. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Solar install flow optimization can make pump selection more difficult, part of your consideration should be looking at the head pressure chart for you pump under consideration. I would suggest looking at pumps marketed as medium or high head pumps, I was recently in a similar situation and went with a Jandy Flo-Pro 2 speed, because on high speed it had about 30 feet more head than the same HP 1 speed Hayward Super Pump it was replacing. Also depending on your solar set up, you may want to include a way to bypass some of the water around the solar panels to prevent over pressurization of the panels, ideally solar panels should operate at VERY low pressure to maximize their service life (under 5 psi measured at the panels, ideally near 0 psi at the highest point).

Ike

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.