Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can I swim after adding chlorine?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can I swim after adding chlorine?

I am sure this has been asked before but I cannot seem to find a post. Is there a waiting period after adding chlorine, liquid bleach, before swimming? I would assume that as long as I brush the pool afterwards I should be good to go but I just want to make sure.
    Coppell, TX
    11,000 gallons
    DE Filter
    In Ground/Pebbletec

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Can I swim after adding chlorine?

Half an hour tops if poured in front of a return jet and pool circulating. Welcome!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Can I swim after adding chlorine?

What he said ^^^^

If you pour it in in front of a return and then go change, it will probably be safe to get in by the time you're ready to get in. Your splashing around will disperse it and mix it as well as anything.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!