Can this be done?

connie

Jul 15, 2012
I have the ProSeries 20' round pool with a wall skimmer. Love the pool. Hooked to a hayward sand filter 1 hp. All works great and I am a BBB pool person. Here is my question

My output valve ( the one that shoots the clean water back into the pool) has a removeable 45 degree nozzle on it. I want to know is it possible to build onto this using pvc material to make the output water shoot across the bottom of the pool to assist in moving any debris laying on the bottom. I do vacuum regularly but we get lots of organic material from the horse farm across the street. My purpose would be to lift the debris up off the bottom so the skimmer can catch most of it as the pool filters.

I am thinking to add on a 90 degree angle and a 3.6' pipe and then another 90 degree angle so the water shoots across the bottom. All this would be removable for swim time.

I hope this makes some sense and if anyone has tried this I sure would like to give it a go.

Hi I think I am not explaining correctly. I do mot want it to aerate the pool as much as I want it to shoot across the bottom of the pool to move around the debris from the horse farm that gets in daily. I am vacuuming almost daily to remove as opposed to letting the pump and skimmer do the work. Seems the debris wants to have a coffee clotch at the bottom of the pool. My thought is that if I can make an upside down aerator perhaps it would move the water and debris upward so the filter/skimmer can catch some of it.

Dirt will always settle to the bottom of the pool. If you have no floor drain, then it will not get pulled into the filter through a skimmer ... this is why most people have some sort of cleaner ... either a suction side cleaner or a robot would work in your case. Or you just have to manually vacuum.

It can be done, but I don't think it is worth it. Have you tried angling your return fitting more towards the bottom while still encouraging a circular flow pattern? I don't think plumbing a return towards the bottom is going to do much better than that. Once debris is settled at the bottom, it is almost impossible to get it to "float" high enough to get to a wall skimmer.

I think what you want is more of a bottom return than a cooler. You could rig a PVC pipe with a return at the top and one at the bottom with small eyeballs that would fit into the existing wall fitting. There is a thread here somewhere with a picture of that. That way you could get a good strong stream of water that would keep the floor clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.