SLAM levels but no change?!?!?!

May 30, 2009
Columbia, TN
Hello all! I have had lots going on and neglected my pool :hammer: It is very green now. Last night I brought it up to SLAM level and have kept it there since. There has been absolutely no change in the color. Also, I have yet to register any CCs :scratch: I second guessed my testing, but I know the Cl level was high because I used the OTO test and it turned orange. I am keeping it at SLAM levels, but in the meantime, I am trying to figure out what (if anything) is going wrong. Thanks for any help!

Test Results (TF-100):
TC - 15
CC - 0
Ph - 7.5
TA - 120
CH - 260
CYA - 20

Richard320 said:
One day is not a long time to wait, especially f there's a lot of organic debris hidden at the bottom of the pool.
The pool was used all summer up until about 2 weeks ago. I vacuumed it and got what little debris was there.

JamesW said:
Are you sure about the CYA reading?

Did the CYA level recently drop?
I have tried to keep it at 40 all summer, but when I checked it last night it was 20. I will check it again during the day today to make sure.

The issue that has me most stumped is the fact that I am not losing Cl very fast at all (usually when you begin the SLAM it goes very quickly!) and I am not registering any CCs. I have been brushing at least 3 times a day to stir up whatever algae is there.

Thanks!

Totally predictable results are sometimes hard to get but keep the faith.

Chlorine kills organics and your SLAM value chlorine will do just that. Keep the FC up where it belongs and do the other procedures outlined in the SLAM article and your pool will clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.