Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SLAM levels but no change?!?!?!

1. Back To Top    #1

SLAM levels but no change?!?!?!

Hello all! I have had lots going on and neglected my pool It is very green now. Last night I brought it up to SLAM level and have kept it there since. There has been absolutely no change in the color. Also, I have yet to register any CCs I second guessed my testing, but I know the Cl level was high because I used the OTO test and it turned orange. I am keeping it at SLAM levels, but in the meantime, I am trying to figure out what (if anything) is going wrong. Thanks for any help!

Test Results (TF-100):
    TC - 15
    CC - 0
    Ph - 7.5
    TA - 120
    CH - 260
    CYA - 20
    18x36 Grecian style vinyl 23,000 gal inground pool, Hayward Pro Series S220T sand filter, Hayward Super Pump 1 hp.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SLAM levels but no change?!?!?!

One day is not a long time to wait, especially f there's a lot of organic debris hidden at the bottom of the pool.

Open a can of POP. Pool Owner Patience.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Are you sure about the CYA reading?

Did the CYA level recently drop?

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    One day is not a long time to wait, especially f there's a lot of organic debris hidden at the bottom of the pool.
    The pool was used all summer up until about 2 weeks ago. I vacuumed it and got what little debris was there.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW
    Are you sure about the CYA reading?

Did the CYA level recently drop?
    I have tried to keep it at 40 all summer, but when I checked it last night it was 20. I will check it again during the day today to make sure.

The issue that has me most stumped is the fact that I am not losing Cl very fast at all (usually when you begin the SLAM it goes very quickly!) and I am not registering any CCs. I have been brushing at least 3 times a day to stir up whatever algae is there.

Thanks!
    18x36 Grecian style vinyl 23,000 gal inground pool, Hayward Pro Series S220T sand filter, Hayward Super Pump 1 hp.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Totally predictable results are sometimes hard to get but keep the faith.

Chlorine kills organics and your SLAM value chlorine will do just that. Keep the FC up where it belongs and do the other procedures outlined in the SLAM article and your pool will clear.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School