Jandy Aqualink RS6 water temp sensor.

Hck00

Aug 17, 2013
Hello guys I am new to this wonderful website and have a pretty simple question about a new Jandy Pool automation system i have installed. It is a new Jandy RS6 with the IQ900A (iaqualink capability) and everything has been wired and hooked up. Everything is functioning properly except the heater. My question is this.

I did not hook up a water Temperature probe to the Jandy (on terminal 5/6 of the green bar) because i assumed that the temperature sensor in the salt Aquapure 1400 would be sufficient to provide the system with pool and spa temperature. I am finding out that the heater will not light off because the system doesn't see a pool/spa temp. On the Iaqualink status page is show the water temp as "open" even though i can press temp on my chlorinator panel and it reads the temp. Is there a way to make the RS6 system use the temp from the chlorinator for the water temp so that my heater will function properly. It seems silly to drill a hole for the water temp probe when the system already has a temp from the chlorinator?

I appreciate any help you can give. I figure I am a small wire away from having this solved or i will be running another wire back to the pipes to get the external probe installed in the water stream.

Randy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.