Water flow meters

Chad628

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
Hello. I recently joined this wonderful website and think I have finally mastered the BBB method in caring for my pool and spa after hours of reading and posting a few questions in those topics. My thoughts are now directed to my new variable speed pool pump. On the recommendation of my pool contractor who recently remodeled my swimming pool I am running the pump 18 hours a day at 1,250 rpms. I tried to read here on how to figure out the flow rate of a pump and became very confused at all the charts and graphs and technical terms like hydrolic head. I have no idea how many times my pool water is being turned over in a day. I recently saw the TFP websight sells water flow meters. What is the general recommendation regarding them? Would a water flow meter give me better feedback regarding the optimal speed settings of my pump?

Thank you for your help.

There is no real need to know the flow rate. There is no required turn. See the article on determining run time in Pool School.

Although the one tftestkits if one of the better flow meters and the one I would get if you feel you need one ... Although it will add head loss and reduce the flow rate if you have no need for a check valve.

Btw, 1000rpm is the most efficient fit the intelliflo.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.