Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool store story

1. Back To Top    #1

Swartz Creek, MI

Pool store story

Went to the pool store yesterday to get an eyeball and calcium chloride. Lady in line next to me had her arms full of miscellaneous chemicals. She also bought some liquid chlorine. They asked if she wanted a case of four at a discount but she only bought 2. She didn't have enough money after buying all the other garbage she thought was necessary. It sure is hard to bite your tongue in that situation. Funny.
    45ish year old, 16x32, 19,000, IG, Concrete/Fiberglass Hybrid in need of restoration
    Sand filter with 3/4 hp AO Smith pump. 1 skimmer, 1 main drain, 1 return

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Pool store story

It's sad to see that, especially when you know that there's a better way.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Me too, and it's one of the many things that irk me about going in there. Can't stand it, and I leave mad every time. Been a long time now though.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

4. Back To Top    #4
    DFW, Texas

OK, here's one...I went to exchange an item the other day (skimmer weir - purchased what previous owner had only to find out it was not the right one). I had my receipt and the card I used on that transaction. After clerk typed enough information into the register/computer to control a Space Shuttle liftoff, he says "Sorry, nothing's coming up." I said "Seriously...what's not to come up?" I bought it at this store a few days ago and I have the original receipt and card - what more do you want? This was a first for me. Well, they eventually saw things my way and off I went with the proper weir.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.