Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First test with new pool fill and new TF100

1. Back To Top    #1

Atlanta Ga

First test with new pool fill and new TF100

So it's been 3 weeks since we threw the hose into our newly installed vinyl pool. It took 8 days to fill with our pool with the spigot cracked open (to keep from outrunning the recovery rate of our well). Once the water level reached close to the stairs, we started the SWG. It has been running 24/7 and 100% since then, except for a few hours here and there for various reasons.

Today, I finally had a chance to use the TF100 test kit and here are the results:

Water VERY clear...

FC 4.5
    PH 8.2+
    CC 0
    TA 110
    CH 150
    CYA 0
    CC 0

Tonight I have shut off the pump, and will program the unit to run only during the daytime tomorrow morning.

Please give me some guidance in order of priority so I can figure this pool chemistry out !!!!
    18x36 IG, vinyl liner, 29,000 gal, Astral VX SWG, Heyward Sand filter, Tri Star 1 hp pump, 30 mil liner,

2. Back To Top    #2
    NW Ohio

Re: First test with new pool fill and new TF100

Congrats on getting it filled!!

First priority is to lower the pH to around 7.5. You could get scaling very easily on your SWG cell with that high of pH.

Next priority is to get your CYA up to 60-80. With zero CYA your FC will burn off very quickly in the Georgian sun.

TA will come down as you bring down the pH so you don't need to worry about that yet.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter.
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Another priority is to get up in Pool School and read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry". With that as a background, you will be able to figure out why you are making these changes and how they will affect your pool.

The test kit is simply an accurate measuring device. What to do about the results will come from Pool School and the help of forum members here.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    Elverson Pa.

You can also look at this for your SWG pool-school/salt_water_chlorine_generators

Enjoy your new pool !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.