New build in Fort Worth (timeline with pics of build)

Sep 2, 2008
I just finished with our pool build in Fort Worth. I thought I'd share the progress with ya'll. They worked mostly 6 days / week and it's been about 4 weeks.

Pool size = 16'x30' ... 14,000 gallons
Interior Surface = QuartzBrite

********************** (disclosure added Oct 21, 2013)
I'd like to add this to my own post here. I built with Paul Miller Custom Pools in Keller, TX. I have been very disappointed in this builder. He sure built me a pretty pool and our family loves it but the minute he collected our last check he has been extraordinarily difficult to work with. We've had construction / workmanship problems and he was happy to have those looked at while we still owed money but he's really drug his feet lately.

ie: the pool didn't hold water when it was first filled, an LED light went out immediately, a fountain was leaky, we had huge trouble with double and triple billing, etc - those were fixed relatively quickly with minimal effort. But other things he tried to completely skip out on like rebuilding our fence with steel posts or repairing the irrigation in our neighbors yard that he broke (sore spot because I paid $1,000 for all irrigation repairs - he knew he had to regrade and reinstall their fence but refused to fix 3 sprinklers and 2 pipes his crew broke).

After he cashed the last check he took 6 weeks to resolve a problem with our fence. It actually only got resolved after I filed a complain with the BBB. He never replaced a timer that his electricians swapped out. He didn't install the volleyball sleeves at all (gave me a reason why something changed and we didn't qualify for a volleyball net in our 5' deep pool). He hasn't even looked at a drainage issue where water stands around my shed and fence because they accidentally removed a French drain (that he was aware of prior to starting construction). You can see it pulled out in the excavation pics. One of our gutter downspouts never got replaced.

Where he once was very easy to get ahold of and very quick to reply to any email... he now takes weeks and skirts around my questions or warranty claims. One time he actually replied to my email stating that he was denying all current and future warranty claims because he thought a bill hadn't been paid. He was wrong (double billing) but its been months and I have yet to get anything in writing back stating that he'll reinstate the warranties and acknowledge that everything has been paid for 100%. He still does some repairs but only after extraordinary measures have been taken.

The pool is nice but hopefully someone else searching for information on this builder will use this and proceed with caution. We do love the pool but we've had to go to some pretty extreme means to get service.

Day 1 - Permits arrive, yard sign & review painting on yard (we increased size)
IMG-20130622-00800.jpg

IMG-20130708-00853.jpg

Day 2 - Excavation

IMG-20130710-00867.jpg

IMG-20130710-00869.jpg

IMG-20130710-00872.jpg

Day 3 & 4 - Steel (grounding)

IMG-20130711-00896.jpg

Day 5 & 6 - Plumbing

IMG-20130713-00901.jpg

Day 7 - Equipment set

IMG-20130717-00916.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Liquidator Installation

No drilling needed which is my kind of install. I hooked up the "IN" side to the existing chlorinator. There was an extra plug already on the top of the chlorinator so I was able to use one of the 3/8" adapters they gave me on it. That means that if I need to bump my CYA or want to use the chlorinator then all I have to do is add a puck or two. No loss of function.
IMG-20130916-01284.jpg

The "OUT" is attached to the plug on the bottom of the pump. Again, I just replaced the old plug with the new adapter they gave me.
IMG-20130916-01285.jpg

Provided the seals are all good its just as easy as running the tube through the correct side of the LQ and turning on the pump. Wait for water to fill the LQ and add bleach.
IMG-20130916-01290.jpg

Sorry for less-than-perfect pics.

I didn't feel it fair to report that we had this terrific experience when we did have growing pains. Our builder has been less-than-eager to help us when problems arrived during the build process.

A nice dual, digital timer was delivered but the electrians swapped it out for this dial-type timer. Works fine but I'm pretty sure we paid for a much nicer model.
IMG-20130719-00944.jpg

They broke a french drain and water stands behind the pool by our shed. It killed this tree and stands by our fence too.
IMG-20130905-01243.jpg

IMG-20130905-01244.jpg

We were losing just over 2 inches of water in the pool each NIGHT at first. I was thankful this was fixed within a couple weeks.
IMG-20130808-01086.jpg

This fountain leaked. Its been repaired twice.
IMG-20130915-01281.jpg

This fence / gate broke almost immediately after they installed it. The gate actually swung to the wrong side of the fence and jammed. It took 5 1/2 weeks for him to call the fence company. They came out and fixed it two days later.
IMG-20130918-01304.jpg

I don't have pictures of the problems we've had with the lights or gutters. There's nothing to show on the missing volleyball sleeves or irrigation problems.

Hi. We are looking at same builder but your experience is giving me second thoughts. How's the pool doing since your last update? Have you had any problems with SWG? Thanks for any info/advice you can give me, this is our first pool. Eric

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.