Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool almost completed

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool almost completed

Greetings from AZ. Just got my final after going through hoops from the county.. Now we have the Pepple Tec installed.. I'm going to have a lot of questions for you experts out there for it was over 25 years since my last pool and filters as well as many other things have changed.. Thought I'd never put in another pool but my guy from AK has never had one and living in the desert is killing him so I relented.. Hope I don't wind up doing all the work again for I'm much older now.. BBL all
    25Kgal, IG vinyl, 1.5hp emmerson/hayward pump, 150sqft cartridge filter, two strainers, Summerville SC, direct sun with lots of adjacent trees, 85deg water temp.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: New pool almost completed

Welcome to TFP!!!

What part of AZ are you in? Add your general location to your profile and you pool and equipment details to your signature. You can see how HERE.

Also, if you have not already, order one of the Recommended Test Kits immediately, so you will be in control of the pool from the start.

And of course read through Pool School a few times to learn all about maintenance.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    DFW, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Flutemaster
    Just got my final after going through hoops from the county.
    I'm seeing more and more posts that this is becoming the most frustrating part of a pool build.

+1 to what jblizzle said - all good advice that can be done before the pool is up and running.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4

Flower Mound, TX

Welcome to TFP!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

5. Back To Top    #5
    Elverson Pa.

Welcome to TFP !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP! Lots of great knowledge to pick up here.