Closing Above ground Pool with Solar Panels

Jul 29, 2013
I've tried to find a post on the steps to close an above ground pool. Any links?

I plan on not using a cover since I've been told they are not really necessary and in fact around here have actually caused many pools to collapse.

Can you fill in your detail in you signature

Please put the city and state in which you live in your profile. Your climate is important to the advice you receive.

Signature
Please put the following information in your signature.

The size of your pool in gallons
If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)
If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass
The type of filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge) and, if you know, the size, model number or flow rate of the filter.
If you know, please tell us the size pump in HP. Also mention if is it a two speed or variable speed pump.
Date of pool build/install, particularly important if less then a year old.
Other significant accessories or options, such as a spa , SWG, or cleaner

Please keep your signature to 5 lines or shorter. Everything above can be stated quit compactly. For example:
19K gal, IG vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot

Information in your signature will show up each time you post. This helps the people answering your questions by providing the basic information that affects nearly all of our recommendations.

To change your profile and/or signature, click the User Control Panel button, just below the TFP logo at the top left of every forum page. Then click the Profile link, just to the right of Options in the sub-sub-heading. On that page you can enter your location. Finally, click on Edit Signature link, towards the left under Overview & Profile, to change your signature.

outdoor said:
I've tried to find a post on the steps to close an above ground pool. Any links?

I plan on not using a cover since I've been told they are not really necessary and in fact around here have actually caused many pools to collapse.

Pool School has an article on closing an above ground pool. I don't know how to link to it for you. I have an in-ground so I cover mine.

Hmmm a bit vague on some items. What do i do with Skimmer? drain, remove hose plug??? then what just leave plugged and what about snow water build up will it not freeze and potentially crack skimmer?

IIRC the "gizmo" mentioned is a plastic "bottle" that prevents the water from breaking the skimmer body. Google Gizmo and you will see them.

090306-12.gif

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.