Once I get CYA to 30-50 ppm...

Aug 11, 2013
will it stay at that level if I use the BBB method?

From what I'm reading I gather that using pool store chemicals it will rise consistently...but strictly by following the BBB method it won't.

Is this correct?

Short answer yes, there are 3 things that will raise your CYA levels, Dichlor (often sold as powdered shock, but not all powdered shock products are Dichlor), Trichlor (usually found as pucks or sticks, but can also be flakes or powder), and straight CYA stabilizer either dry or rarely liquid.

Ike

I would add that if you have a lot of people in the pool playing and have splash out or just evaporation to the extent that you have to add replacement water, then CYA I would think would go down a little since the water you are adding would not have any CYA. Isn't that right?

Isaac-1 said:
Splash out removes water and CYA from the pool, however evaporation does not remove CYA it just concentrates it in the remaining water

My bad you are right. I should have known that. I used to have a salt water aquarium and evaporation does not take out salt. So the same theory would apply to CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.