question about winter covers and decks

linda1

Mar 26, 2010
Western Pa.
The winter cover that came with our pool was used for 3 winters and then I pitched it. It had thinned out and I didn't trust it for another Pa. winter. We did the typical install with cable and water filled bleach bottles hanging on it to keep it from lifting off in winds and a hose to drain excess water off.

Can we install a solid winter cover on our walk around wooden deck instead of draping it down between the pool and deck? We hope to have the underside of the deck enclosed by fall and it will be harder to get under the deck and around it. If we do it this way we will get a pump for the cover.

Would a solid cover with a micro mesh strip work better installed on the deck or do people prefer the entire cover to be the micro mesh?

I'm just trying to decide what will be the best way to go. The old method worked fine. Opened to clear clean water. But, we had to deal with the wind whipping the cover even with 20 bleach bottles attached, not to mention the constant draining and trying to thaw the hose and get the water running. In our area of Pa. we can have a foot or more of snow at a time and 10 below temps. with high winds.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.