Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: solar cover bad while slam?

1. Back To Top    #1

solar cover bad while slam?

Pool newby here... can't keep water crystal clear for long... losing warm weather so keeping solar cover on during eve-10am
    But, I'm in the process of slamming to kill algae (again) is it ok to keep on or will stop filter from working well?
    Radiant pool 24ft round in ground
    Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: solar cover bad while slam?

It will hurt filtration a bit, but the bigger issue is the outgassing. You do want to let the pool "breathe" so it can outgas the waste products from the SLAM.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: solar cover bad while slam?

Thanks I'll go remove! And have to order one of the proper testing kits... as I'm just realizing I didn't keep enough bleach in..
    I dumped about 2 large bleach containers in yesterday and 2 the day before. vacuuming and brushing walls daily now. Backwashing well. I should have done this asap. Thanks again