Question about Taylor K2006

Aug 11, 2013
I've read on this site that this kit can test chlorine up to 50 ppm...but looking at the pictures of the test cells it looks like they only have one more "window". I.e. chlorine looks like it only goes up to 6 and ph up to 8.4 ??

What am I missing?

I've been using a Taylor K 101 Basic kit and, if I understand correctly, it can only test chlorine up to 5 ppm...

The kit can measure the FC using the color block up to 5FC or 50FC if you use the FAS-DPD portion of the kit. The TF-100 kit will do all of the tests you need and the bottles of reagent are a better value than the Taylor kit. Both the TF and Taylor kits use Taylor chemisty and chemicals/reagents.

For clarity, you have something mixed up. The K-2006 has no "test cells" (comparator block) for chlorine.

The K-2006 ONLY tests chlorine using the FAS/DPD drops based test and it will test chlorine to 50+

The TF-100 has both the comparator block (up to 5 ppm) chlorine test and the FAS/DPD chlorine test (50+ ppm).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.