Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about Taylor K2006

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about Taylor K2006

I've read on this site that this kit can test chlorine up to 50 ppm...but looking at the pictures of the test cells it looks like they only have one more "window". I.e. chlorine looks like it only goes up to 6 and ph up to 8.4 ??

What am I missing?

I've been using a Taylor K 101 Basic kit and, if I understand correctly, it can only test chlorine up to 5 ppm...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question about Taylor K2006

The FAS-DPD portion of the test kit does not use color matching blocks. You count drops until the color changes from pink to clear:
    extended-test-kit-directions-t25081.html#p206393
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

The kit can measure the FC using the color block up to 5FC or 50FC if you use the FAS-DPD portion of the kit. The TF-100 kit will do all of the tests you need and the bottles of reagent are a better value than the Taylor kit. Both the TF and Taylor kits use Taylor chemisty and chemicals/reagents.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

For clarity, you have something mixed up. The K-2006 has no "test cells" (comparator block) for chlorine.

The K-2006 ONLY tests chlorine using the FAS/DPD drops based test and it will test chlorine to 50+

The TF-100 has both the comparator block (up to 5 ppm) chlorine test and the FAS/DPD chlorine test (50+ ppm).
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Could it be the K-2005 instead? There is a difference!
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

Sorry. I looked online and the image I looked at showed both a block and the FAS

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Taylor-K ... ign=K-2006
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

7. Back To Top    #7

That's just one color block for pH and the other side is for CYA. No color block for chlorine in the K-2006 (also shown larger here). At first glance it does look similar to the dual color block of the K-2005 (also shown larger here), but it is different.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

8. Back To Top    #8

Ok. Read the extended test kit directions.

Thx