You might get a kick out of this story

Floater

LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2008
Southwest OH
This just happened this morning at about 4:00am:

I woke up around 4:00am for my early morning ritual of using the restroom. On my way back into the bedroom I decided it was getting too cold to have one of my windows open. I went over and shut it and closed the curtain. I went to the other window to turn down my pedestal fan I had blowing (still refusing to turn on the air conditioning). I look out that window and see someone scaling my fence leaving my yard. I thought, "Now what is my husband up to now?" So I proceeded to ask him and received no answer. I thought he saw someone in the neighbor's yard and was checking it out and maybe didn't want me to alert anyone. Then I thought, "Oh Crud, he's sleep walking" as he has had done that before in the past, though never leaving the house. So I yelled out again before he got to the street where the heck he was going and heard a "**** off." So I really knew he was sleep walking then. I watched to see where he was going and heard him scale a neighbor's fence across the street and heard a dog bark. I thought, "Oh great how the heck am I going to get him back home before he gets shot."

I quickly went out to the backyard but failed to bring my glasses. So I saw him standing in the backyard of this house that had a porch light on. I couldn't quite tell what he was doing so I ran back into the house to get my glasses and flashlight. As I picked up the glasses, I notcied my husband sleeping on the couch. :shock: Oh great! I woke him up and told him someone had just been in our backyard. He leaps up and gets his gun and off we go into the backyard. We then noticed that the solar cover that we had put on that night was half out of the pool. So we both went over to where I saw him leap the fence and you could look directly at this house I saw him at. We watched and he went in and out of the house a couple of times, then he went into a garage and got on a Harley. We watched as he drove down a side street and then listened to hear which direction he went. Sounded like he went down one street and then up another and then it shut off. I said, "Maybe our pool water wasn't warm enough and he went to someone else's?" My husband said to call the cops which I did. In the meantime we did a more thorough search and found two beer bottles (both about 2/3's full) and a pair of sunglasses (4:00am.. weird)

I told the dispatcher that he was only wearing shorts and on a Harley Davidson and somewhere in the neighborhood. Two deputy's showed up and took notes. About 30 minutes later one of the deputys called and asked if we had seen if the Harley had white sidewalls or ape hangers. I told him it was too dark to see only that we could hear where it went. About another 30 minutes later they came back to get my full statement as they found the guy. They said there were two Harley's in the driveway and one of them, it's pipes were still warm and there were wet foot prints on the petals. He said there were two people involved and had admitted to "swimming in a pool but didn't know where it was." Super drunk" the deputy said. Apparently they were partying at the one house and then after "swimming" he went to a house that he was house-sitting. Anyway, all they could do was site them. Apparently he and a female companion had a little rendezvous in the pool..yuck. Thank god my FC is up like it should be.

Anyway, I didn't realize until the deputy told us, is that they really could only fine him because we didn't have any "no trespassing" signs up. The biggest thing I'm still in shock about was seeing where they entered the pool and where the beer bottles were only about 10 feet from where my dog pen is with three big dogs in it. I cannot believe they never barked once, they always bark at strangers. Infact, they are all rescue dogs and one of them was so badly abused by a man, that he still won't let my son in the yard when he comes home on leave (Marine). Two things that allowed this to happen, was one, we never lock that dog up but for some reason did last night, and two, well really there is no two... from now on, that dog is staying out of the pen. Still can't figure out why he never barked while they were partying in my backyard :sleep:

So when it got light enough, we went back out and saw where they did actually get into the pool. Washed their foot prints off the top of the pool (ladder was locked up so they had to climb in) and I will be busy vacuming today. Interesting Father's Day so far.

Now I'm really thinking about pool alarms...

I have a somewhat similar story. A couple of weeks ago a man walked into our bedroom and woke my wife up. He immediately apologized and closed our bedroom door. My wife woke me up and said someone was at the door. Apparently I translated that into our front door and fell back asleep. I still feel bad. My wife (who is 7 months pregnant) walked out of our bedroom and found the guy putting on my cologne and using her toothbrush! Can you imagine? LOL She chased him upstairs and asked what he was doing and how he got in. He said the same way he always get in, our side garage door (which we always lock but apparently forgot to this night). He repeatedly said he was looking for Carla. My wife told him no Carla lives here and he insisted he was on a reality TV show. He left peacefully and she called the cops. The cops showed and told us the guy was caught and visited a few other houses looking for Carla!

I have to say we are grateful nothing else happened. We have LOTS of expensive electronics and jewelery laying around the house. To think, this guy could have robbed us and left is all for dead. Luckily he was calm and just looking for Carla.

jjdurrant said:
I have a somewhat similar story. A couple of weeks ago a man walked into our bedroom and woke my wife up. He immediately apologized and closed our bedroom door. My wife woke me up and said someone was at the door. Apparently I translated that into our front door and fell back asleep. I still feel bad. My wife (who is 7 months pregnant) walked out of our bedroom and found the guy putting on my cologne and using her toothbrush! Can you imagine? LOL She chased him upstairs and asked what he was doing and how he got in. He said the same way he always get in, our side garage door (which we always lock but apparently forgot to this night). He repeatedly said he was looking for Carla. My wife told him no Carla lives here and he insisted he was on a reality TV show. He left peacefully and she called the cops. The cops showed and told us the guy was caught and visited a few other houses looking for Carla!

Wow...that would be scary. I hope she replaced the toothbrush :lol:

Okay, since we’re sharing….tho my store has no pool in it.

Circa 1987….I had just broken up with my boyfriend of two years…..I was out pretty late with a couple of girlfriends at a local carnival and returned home sometime around 3am. The door was locked…which was unusual because we NEVER locked the door to our house. Finally after much banging on the door my mom answered, giving me much grief for staying out so late. I gave the usual “I’m 18, I can do what I want” to which I got back “When you live in my house….” :rant: Anyway, off topic…

While I was out….

My brother, 2 years older than me, returned home around 11:00 and came upstairs to the kitchen. (In our Chicago bungalow, thru the side door…you go upstairs to get to the kitchen/livingroom/bedrooms and go downstairs to get to the basement familyroom/bedroom (mine :) ) The kitchen light was on, my folks were long in bed (next to the kitchen).

Dear brother sees a man sitting at the kitchen table, having a glass of orange juice. :shock:

Bro says “Who are you?” and he just stares back at him, freaky-like. So Bro senses something is not quite right, obviously, and continues to question the man, whose only response was, despite being thrust up against the wall and restrained…. “Why did you leave your door open?” So parents are awakened by the commotion, call 911….within 5 minutes 20 police officers or so respond (sister was a CPO at the time)… so with all this ruckus, family could not understand why I didn’t wake up!…..hehehehehe I wasn’t even home. :oops:

Anyway, fast forward to Thursday and dear brother goes to court for the man’s hearing for Home Invasion, he had been held in jail pending the hearing – no bail…which we thought was odd. Turns out he was out on parole. He had some mental issues….and out for the evening got a “little drunk” and while looking for his parents house who lived 4 blocks away, he apparently got confused, thus the decision to pour himself a glass of OJ when he clearly was in the wrong house…

So you guessed it, right, he’s out on parole for what? MANSLAUGHTER. :shock: :shock:

So they’re all “What if Annie had come home first?

You can probably guess that from then on I carried a key….
:mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
YIKES! Ya'll were all lucky it wasn't more serious. But, thanks for the giggles.

Even though we live in one of the safest areas in our town. I still make sure I deadbolt, hook the chain, make sure all windows are closed. Even make sure my car doors are locked. Then hubby who is always up much later than me, checks behind me. LOL to much watching COPS and AMW on TV. :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.