Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The new pump is in

1. Back To Top    #1

The new pump is in

I received my new 3/4 hp pump in the other day and got it all connected yesterday, other than a minor leak around two of the threaded fittings "I did not wrap enough teflon tape around the threads" it is working fine.

[attachment=2:303289jp]pump1.jpg[/attachment:303289jp]

The filter is a 16" Hayward that sat out in the South Texas sun for 5-6 years without being used, the pump was shot but the filter and valve are all working well.

[attachment=1:303289jp]pump-base.jpg[/attachment:303289jp]

I am using the Intex skimmer for now until next season when I replace it with an in the wall skimmer, it is working great so far and man can this pump push out some water. I am also using the stock Intex hoses, if you push back the coupler you will find the gray area fits perfectly around the 1 1/2 inch hose barbs on the filter and pump.
    [attachment=0:303289jp]intex-1.jpg[/attachment:303289jp]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2017-Intex Ultra Frame 16x48 5000 Gallons
    Intex 2800GPH Pump with 14" Intex Sand Filter
    My Intex Pool Setup Video :Intex pool rises from the ashes - installing and leveling - EP-72 - YouTube

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: The new pump is in

Nice job unkyjoe!

I have never seen the intex hose fitting being attached/sealed like that before...no leaks?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: The new pump is in

Linen, no leaks.. at least on those hoses, I do however have a couple of leaks at the threaded connectors, as I failed to follow the install instructions and double wrap the teflon tape, I only wrapped it once. I will fix that today.

I came across a manual a week or so ago that showed what size screws to use to mount the pump to the base but for the life of me cant find it today. Would you or anyone else happen to know what size they are?

Thanks and thanks to all for the help
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2017-Intex Ultra Frame 16x48 5000 Gallons
    Intex 2800GPH Pump with 14" Intex Sand Filter
    My Intex Pool Setup Video :Intex pool rises from the ashes - installing and leveling - EP-72 - YouTube