Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1

chlorine

What is the best way to introduce chlorine to the pool. with or without the pump running, around the sides or directly over the return.
    Living in Cyprus
    In ground overflow pool tiled 12m X 4m 19507 Us gals 16243 Imp gals
    1 Kw motor 15 cu m per min Sand filter
    I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel but it was just some PERSON with a torch walking toward me.
    I started out in life with nothing and I still have most of it left.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: chlorine

If you do much reading of the posts here you'll see that without exception, it's recommended that it be added in front of a running return.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks
    I know that these questions have been asked before but it is how to find them as I am not used to navigating this system
    Living in Cyprus
    In ground overflow pool tiled 12m X 4m 19507 Us gals 16243 Imp gals
    1 Kw motor 15 cu m per min Sand filter
    I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel but it was just some PERSON with a torch walking toward me.
    I started out in life with nothing and I still have most of it left.

4. Back To Top    #4

You can use the Google search box in the upper right corner.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

5. Back To Top    #5

I would just add the word, slowly to Bama's reply
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

And let the pump run for about an hour AFTER adding any chemicals ... a quick brushing can also help ensure the chemicals mix and do not sit on the bottom.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

I start off really slow until I see the stream moving the chlorine away, then speed it up just a little. I dose at night and leave the pump on until morning.
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]