Intellibrite lighting question

Aug 4, 2013
Guyton, GA
The pool builder installed an LED Intellibrite 5g light under the diving board. My pool is 20 x 40 (eight feet deep) The lens from the light is factory set to Wide Angle. The light illuminates the deep end really well but not the shallow end. The lens on the light can be set to Narrow Angle, more like a beam (I'm assuming) than a flood. My question here is does anyone have a similar size and shaped pool with this type of light installed in the deep end with the lens set to narrow? If so, how well does it illuminate the shallow and deep end together? Pictures would be nice too. I'm considering changing the lens around is why I'm asking. Thanks.

My pool is about 20x47 and I had 3 5g lights installed... I am very happy I did not do any less. one at each end and one in the middle. I have them all set on wide. I have not tried narrow. From what I see with mine, I don't think narrow will reach 40' feet for you. But that is just a guess. Any chance they can add another light when the lower the water for winterization?

jtech1 said:
My pool is about 20x47 and I had 3 5g lights installed... I am very happy I did not do any less. one at each end and one in the middle. I have them all set on wide. I have not tried narrow. From what I see with mine, I don't think narrow will reach 40' feet for you. But that is just a guess. Any chance they can add another light when the lower the water for winterization?

I'm OK with the one light. I just can't find any pics on the web that compare wide angle to narrow angle. Your pool must be really bright with having the three lights.

Depends on color. White is brighter than others but most are perfect. Red does not even cover with three lights.

I seem to remember an image on beam width in a pentair brochure or doc. I'll see if I can find it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.