Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellibrite lighting question

1. Back To Top    #1

Intellibrite lighting question

The pool builder installed an LED Intellibrite 5g light under the diving board. My pool is 20 x 40 (eight feet deep) The lens from the light is factory set to Wide Angle. The light illuminates the deep end really well but not the shallow end. The lens on the light can be set to Narrow Angle, more like a beam (I'm assuming) than a flood. My question here is does anyone have a similar size and shaped pool with this type of light installed in the deep end with the lens set to narrow? If so, how well does it illuminate the shallow and deep end together? Pictures would be nice too. I'm considering changing the lens around is why I'm asking. Thanks.
    36K gallon IG vinyl; pool frog system; Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo II Sand Filter 70GPM; Sta-Rite 1HP Pump; Polaris 280 w/booster; build date June 2013; TF-100.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intellibrite lighting question

My pool is about 20x47 and I had 3 5g lights installed... I am very happy I did not do any less. one at each end and one in the middle. I have them all set on wide. I have not tried narrow. From what I see with mine, I don't think narrow will reach 40' feet for you. But that is just a guess. Any chance they can add another light when the lower the water for winterization?
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jtech1
    My pool is about 20x47 and I had 3 5g lights installed... I am very happy I did not do any less. one at each end and one in the middle. I have them all set on wide. I have not tried narrow. From what I see with mine, I don't think narrow will reach 40' feet for you. But that is just a guess. Any chance they can add another light when the lower the water for winterization?
    I'm OK with the one light. I just can't find any pics on the web that compare wide angle to narrow angle. Your pool must be really bright with having the three lights.
    36K gallon IG vinyl; pool frog system; Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo II Sand Filter 70GPM; Sta-Rite 1HP Pump; Polaris 280 w/booster; build date June 2013; TF-100.

4. Back To Top    #4

Depends on color. White is brighter than others but most are perfect. Red does not even cover with three lights.

I seem to remember an image on beam width in a pentair brochure or doc. I'll see if I can find it.
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5

5. Back To Top    #5

I had it changed to narrow on a 40', deep is great, but depending on color, shallow goes from dark to very dark.
    21'x41' Mountain Lake, Filter Pentair TA60D, Pump Pentair SuperFlo 1.5 hp, SWG Pentair IC-40, light IntelliBrite 5g LED, Liner 27 mil Dynastie/Blue Granite, 2 main drains, 2 multidirectional hydrostream return inlets, 2 wall skimmers , 2 in-floor cleaning heads, Heating 500 sq Techno-Solis Solar Panels, Hayward Aqua Solar control

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by jtech1
    Depends on color. White is brighter than others but most are perfect. Red does not even cover with three lights.

I seem to remember an image on beam width in a pentair brochure or doc. I'll see if I can find it.
    Thanks. I'm still looking for a good photo.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by NomDePlume
    I had it changed to narrow on a 40', deep is great, but depending on color, shallow goes from dark to very dark.
    Pool tech is changing lens to narrow on Friday. If I don't like it I'll just change it back. I hoping for the best.

8. Back To Top    #8

Had the lens changed. Now the light illuminates the entire pool much more subtlety.