Dolphin hybrid platinum?

No experience with the hybrid one here, but I just bought my second Dolphin robot yesterday (first one an old original Dolphin Diagnostic which seems to have died from a power surge, when I went to turn it on last week I found the power supply was dead, I repaired that and the robot still does not function, so it seems something is dead in the onboard control system). I found a great deal on a replacement, a now discontinued (as of last year) Dolphin Pro, which is the one or two generations updated version of the old model I had (same housing, different color, advertised as improved logic), the price was right at $350 new in box. To me it seems the hybrids are a solution in search of a problem, they are priced comparable to the lower end of the electric robot models, you still have to deal with a hose like on all suction side cleaners instead of a floating cord on the electrics, and I have to wonder about their overall cleaning ability since reviews seem to state they don't climb walls and may have problems with steep slopes. Which leaves what for advantages? No on board filter to clean, and may be lighter to lift out of the water?

Ike

My pool was a demo pool for the Dolphin Hybrid. I have nothing but good things to say about it. It does everything it says it does. I have a Fiberglass pool with 90 degree corners and it will climb my walls as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.