Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: help me

1. Back To Top    #1

help me

New here and need to find a good test kit,pool is 20k gal,ig vinyl,1.5hp pump,250lb sand filter.My problem is hi phosphates.Pool store has made $1000.00 this yr alone and now my pool is cloudy w a greenish tint.All i have is test strips but the last time i took a sample in phosphates were over 1100ppm.Our water is terrible here,brown water at times and im considering switching to salt?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: help me

Welcome to tfp, tomntanya

See this pool school article on appropriate test kits: Many of us have the tf-100 since it is the best value.

Ignore phosphates, with a properly chlorinated pool the phosphate levels do not matter.

Spend some time in pool school (link always near the upper right of page). This is a good starting article:
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Elverson Pa.

I use the TF-100. It's the best kit IMO.

Good advice from linen !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Got to money I spent. Will save you tons in the first season.
    16,000 IG, SWG, 175 sq. ft. cartridge, 1.5 hp pump, vinyl, Charlotte NC
    TF-100, Pool School, Pool-Calc

5. Back To Top    #5

Howell, NJ

Just so you know, a salt pool IS a chlorine pool. It is just that the chlorine is made by your SWG, and not at a factory.
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.