I have been looking all over the internet for the answer to a question. How do I know if yellow/mustard algae is dead? I slammed the pool and kept it at above shock level for 48 hours. I also initially used yellow out. It has been 5 days, appx 40 gallons shock = 80 gallons bleach. My FC level is maintaining/not dropping, the water is pretty much clear until I scrub the bottom/sides of pool. I scrubbed the pool 3x/day throughout the process(I have blisters to prove it). I have a DE filter which I have backwashed and recoated 5-6x. Does it just take time to clear up? Im still getting a "brown dusty film" on bottom and sides of pool- MUCH less every day. Does the algae change to a different color when dead? Im really paranoid the algae will come back as it was alot of work to get to this point. Please help!
40,000 gallon L shaped pool