Cartridge stain and possible damage!

Aug 13, 2013
Here's my question:.......... our HOA just recently contracted a painter to re paint our view fence. They used an electrostatic paint and painted on a windy day. To say the least the overspray reached our pool. I had long stringy paint scum in the pool and I also had an oily type of slick on the water surface. The paint got on the water line tile and came off pretty easily except for the parts I missed and then I need a stone to remove the paint. I opened the filter and there was a stain on the cartridge where the water inlet was in front of the main outer cartridge. Also looked like an oily type of residue in the pleats of the outer cartridge. Did this harm my filter ? And is there anything to remove the oily residue and stain? Any help would be appreciated!

Welcome to TFP!

Like Bama said, you should be able to clean the cartridge. If the paint was easy to remove from the tile, it shouldn't be too hard to get it clean from the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.