Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool cover?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool cover?

Hi everyone, I'm trying to determine if there are benefits to purchasing a pool cover. My main objective is energy savings. Mine is a 15000 gal.,, indoor, heated, swg. I've looked at a liquid cover (heatsvr) and was wondering if this product works. Anyone have any advice?
    21.7K Gal AGP, Oceanic 28'x54", 1HP/2Spd Optiflow w/150sq ft Black Diamond filter. Installed 05/2013, BBB and TFP Reluctant Rookie!(ask my wife, she'll explain!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Long Beach, CA

Re: Pool cover?

A cover will certainly help keep the heat in even on an indoor pool. I'm not sure about the performance of the liquid covers, but using it on an indoor pool should bring out the best performance that you could get out of it. It will be the cheapest and easiest test you can try before buying a cover.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

An auto cover will help with the humidity in your enclosure as well as saving heat.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

4. Back To Top    #4

In case you want to save water from getting dirty and avoid them from being contaminated from germs, covering pool is beneficial.