Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Scuba 2

1. Back To Top    #1

Scuba 2

Hi

I have just ordered a scuba 2 from lovibond and it will be brought over here by friends on the 21st. The price was 99 + vat. The sales lady was very nice and let me off the delivery charge and I got extra test tablets. Their is no minimum order. I have read some articles on this site about the shortcomings of the scuba but it is a lot better than my present test kit and for anyone on a budget (me) it is adequate and as I have great difficulty in getting a test kit for less than 300 . I will let you know how I get on.
    Living in Cyprus
    In ground overflow pool tiled 12m X 4m 19507 Us gals 16243 Imp gals
    1 Kw motor 15 cu m per min Sand filter
    I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel but it was just some PERSON with a torch walking toward me.
    I started out in life with nothing and I still have most of it left.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Scuba 2

Well, I suppose when you use it that will determine if "it is adequate" ... of course you have nothing to compare to to see if the results are good.

What are the limitations on the FC and CC readings? The FAS-DPD is the critical test in the kits we recommend and generally the test that makes the kits expensive, but it will test up to 50ppm if needed ... unlike most all other tests that are limited to 5ppm or 10ppm.

Hope to hear it works out for you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I think chem geek reviewed that palintest kit some months ago and found it to be pretty much the equivalent of what we suggest. Sure hope so since there are virtually no other options in Europe.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi

Just got my lovibond scuba 2 today did some tests. Knowledge is power

fc 5.5
    tc 5.5
    ph 8.3
    ta 200
    cya 135

I am not sure if their should be a difference in the chlorine results will read up on this.
    I have a friend (yes I have) coming around later with his expensive test kit to compare results. Ill let you know what we find.
    Living in Cyprus
    I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel but it was just some PERSON with a torch walking toward me.

5. Back To Top    #5

If they are believed, your cya is too high and you need to replace water. The FC is too low based on you high CYA. And the pH is too high.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes I agree with you jblizzle I just put the results down because I could. I compared my results with a lovibond md 100 which is more accurate the readings on my gizmo

fc 5.5 and his gizmo 6.12
    tc 5.5 6.01
    ph 8.3 8.13
    ta 200
    cya 135

We did not compare the rest until I get the pool sorted but the results show that my kit is working in the right area. I am reluctantly going to change all my water. The reason for the hesitancy is the cost about $400 + and I am a tight git
    Living in Cyprus

7. Back To Top    #7

You don't need to replace all the water. Just 2/3 of it to lower the CYA.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

8. Back To Top    #8

OK thanks JUST 2/3 then
    Living in Cyprus

9. Back To Top    #9

What ever came of this? I see nothing further. Thinking about the Scuba II as well. When I searched Google this thread came up. More info, please?
    16,000 Gallon 450sq ft Freeform Sport Pool (3.5' - 5.5' - 4') - Sheer Descent - Exposed Beam - Greystone Coping - Aqua Blue PebbleSheen - Jandy Pro Plus HP Pump - Jandy Pro Series Cartridge Filter - Nature2 Fusion Soft

10. Back To Top    #10

Hi, any scuba II users still using this test kit?

I live in Malaysia, and am not able to get hold of the Taylor / TF series. I ended up purchasing Scuba II.

I dont know if I am using it properly, but when I test for FC, it shows 1.5 .. and then i added the DPD3 test tablet into the solution and tested it shows LOW.(Total Chlorine) .. am I doing somthing wrong or is my pool having too much of CC ?

Please advise.
    29k Gallons Inground Concrete Pool (11m x 6m) | Waterco Sand Filter S900 | 2HP Waterco Hydrostorm Plus Pump

11. Back To Top    #11

I think after the tablet is added you are then testing the cc, and that should ideally be zero.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    I think after the tablet is added you are then testing the cc, and that should ideally be zero.
    The test for Scuba II is testing ffor FC and Total Chlorine ..

Even my TA result shows 0 or LOW (
    29k Gallons Inground Concrete Pool (11m x 6m) | Waterco Sand Filter S900 | 2HP Waterco Hydrostorm Plus Pump