Fox style pool vs. Doughboy style pool

Jul 25, 2013
I've recently started to research above ground pools for our yard. I've visited a number of pool dealers on our area, western VA and it appears there are two basic styles....the Fox Pool which is a heavy gauge steel panel design. It appears very strong and built like a tank! The other design is the Doughboy-style which is the lighter gauge metal body inserted into a track at the top and bottom with either steel or plastic uprights. I'm interested in the pros and cons of each style. They all seem to use very similar vinyl liners, pumps, filters, etc.

The Fox pools appear to be very rugged but is that design worth the almost double price? I would appreciate any information and guidance.
Thanks,
Jeff

We looked at Kayak pools, but the guy we talked to wouldn't give us a good deal. I heard of someone who got theirs for around 13k, this guy wouldn't give me better than 17k on a demo model.

I would very much enjoy a more rugged style, but for the price... might as well go in-ground. Check my reference thread, I like the idea of a buried AGP w/ decking. There are a few really good examples on this site.

I have an AG pool and its nice. Would an in-ground be nice? sure but I am all in at about 10K with a large composite deck, and its been good. My decking is about 3 feet below wall height to eliminate the walking on the fence tops in my smallish yard. I might consider buried AG if I were to do it over again. AG would allow for removal if you decided you were done with the pool. IG doesn't provide that option economically.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.