Polaris 360 sweep hose n wheels not moving...water thru bag

ivey

Jul 3, 2012
Hi All,

I recently installed a Polaris 360 in my pool, which has a DE filter. It was working well a few days ago and had been for the previous month, but now the wheels have stopped turning and the sweep hose isn't getting any water thru it.

However, the little nipple above the sweep hose is getting plenty of water, and there is water going thru the unit to the bag.

I should mention that (1) this happened when my wife just backwashed and put in new DE media. And that (2) this pool historically dumps DE into the water when we add media. And that because of (2), I have removed the little filter that goes in the quick connect, because it used to fill up with DE media.

So, I'd like to know what you guys think I can do to get my Polaris back on, and what thoughts there are on what it means that when I add new DE media that it boogers up the Polaris 360...is that common?

Thanks,

Ivey

Re: Polaris 360 sweep hose n wheels not moving...water thru

Welcome to TFP!
It certainly sounds like DE has gummed up the works. I don't have a polaris so my experience is limited to what I've read here, but if you take it apart and clean the gears and the little nozzles, I think that should fix it.

If you're getting DE in the pool regularly, something's wrong with the filter! Either one (or more) of your grids are torn, or they're not seating correctly in the manifold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.