My Numbers from Pool Store ?? :-|

I'm a newbie, and recently I noticed this "cotton" looking "stuff" at night in my pool floating. When I touch it, it seems to dissolve and look "milky"?? I think it's scale....not sure. I have a LaMotte ColorQ 7 on order should be in next week. And I intend in order the pool tester from this website, I convinced the wife she will need to help out since I'm color blind. But see my numbers below......I think these guys are crazy. They told me I have a 23000 gallon pool, but when I use the pool cal I average around 16000-17000.....I mean they told me to add 160 pounds of salt, while my generator registers at 80%. :shock: When I opened the pool in the spring my salt level was at 40%....I have slowly brought it to 80%.

FAC: 1
pH: 7.6
TA: 50
Calcium Hardness: 90
CYA: 0
Phosphates: 500
Salt: 2400

I want to thank everyone on here. From being on here last year throughout my pool build (a nightmare), until now finally trying to enjoy the pool, you have all been great! 8)

coolpackard69 said:
I'm a newbie, and recently I noticed this "cotton" looking "stuff" at night in my pool floating. When I touch it, it seems to dissolve and look "milky"?? I think it's scale....not sure.
Not scale, sounds more like white water mold because your chlorine levels are not high enough. Keep reading my comments and they will explain why but in a nutshell you salt and CYA are way to low for your SWG!
I have a LaMotte ColorQ 7 on order should be in next week. And I intend in order the pool tester from this website, I convinced the wife she will need to help out since I'm color blind. But see my numbers below......I think these guys are crazy.
Not really, based on your test numbers your pool is NOT balanced correctly. You unit is a rebranded Resiliance SWG, it's a good basic unit but for starters the recommened salt level is 3500-4000 ppm and with your size pool I would go with the higher amount!
They told me I have a 23000 gallon pool, but when I use the pool cal I average around 16000-17000.....I mean they told me to add 160 pounds of salt, while my generator registers at 80%. :shock: When I opened the pool in the spring my salt level was at 40%....I have slowly brought it to 80%.
This is NOT your salt level, that has to be tested. This is the output percentage. It means that your cell was operating at 40% to produce enough chlorine and now it needs to operate at 80%. This is NOT good! You need to get your salt up to around 4000 ppm AND get your CYA up to around 70-80 ppm (the range for you unit is 40-80 ppm BUT it will work much more efficiently at 70-80 ppm CYA!)

FAC: 1
Too low, you want this between 3-5 ppm
pH: 7.6
TA: 50
Calcium Hardness: 90
Too low, you want a minimum of 150 for vinyl, 250 for fiberglass, and 300 for plaster.
CYA: 0
Like I said, you want this at 70-80 ppm!
Phosphates: 500
Salt: 2400
WAY too low, Your low salt indicator will probably trip soon, raise this up to about 4000 ppm! You might want to read the owners manual that came with your unit, the recommened salt and CYA level ranges are listed in there!
I want to thank everyone on here. From being on here last year throughout my pool build (a nightmare), until now finally trying to enjoy the pool, you have all been great! 8)
Hope this is helpful.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.