ammonia test

jodyliebing

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 14, 2012
Auburn Indiana
I am going to do a ammonia test on my pool. Acouple of questions.. First can I just use the basic test that people use for aquariams? Secondly do I just forllow the diections as you would if you were testing tank water? Lastly, what kind of reading am I looking for? 0???

Bama Rambler said:
Why are you doing an ammonia test? I thought you were holding FC. if you have ammonia you won't hold any FC until it's all gone.
Im getting ready to do SLAM. My pool is not holding chlorine and I have 2 ppm CC. My CYA dropped quite a bit from last year and I want to do the ammonia test to make sure the CYA didnt turn to ammonia over the winter. Sorry I posted my numbers in a seperate thread.

It would be better to keep all the info together so we would know the whole story. If you're not holding FC it may be a good idea to do the ammonia test.

If you'll let me know which thread the other info is in I'll try to merge them so we'll have the complete picture.

ok good to know the solution would be the same!! FYI I did test for ammonia and didnt have any. Bad news, I retested CYA outside and got a 80. RRR Started SLAM last night, my threds are in "First Slam". Still trying to learn how to properly use the forum :oops: ( yes I did read pool rules)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.