How can I use chlorine tablets I already bought?

Aug 12, 2013
I have a 12 x 30 summer escapes pool and it is good for this summer now that the wimpy pump died and I put on the Intex 1500 gph sand filter- next year I will go buy bigger pool.
I had already purchased the 1" chlorine tablets, shock & swim, ph balancer, and algae control and I don't really want to throw away money. I used the pool calculator and found out how much liquid bleach I needed to get my chlorine level up to par, and am wondering how I can use the stuff sitting in my garage I already bought.
The pool is about 1500 gal.
Thanks for your advice in advance.

Welcome to TFP.

With that size pool I would just use the tablets until the CYA got out of hand and then dump it and start over.

You could probably use them until your CYA got close to 100 ppm. You'll have to keep an eye on the FC which will be a bit problematic with a regular OTO chlorine test but you can do it. The Pool Calc will help a lot once you lear to use the Effects of adding chems at the bottom.

They keep well so you could use them until your CYA is where you want, then use bleach. Next year use them the same way, they'll still be good. They tend to drive PH down so you may have to adjust for that. BBB is more about knowing what you're doing to your pool then what you do it with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.