New AG install in Texas today!

Hey Pool Peeps! :wave:

It's an exciting day at our house today. The installers arrived at 8am as scheduled and have been digging all morning long. We are doing a 3' buried install. It's been fun to watch, but man is our yard a mess. :shock:

They're working on leveling with the laser level as I type this. I'll post pics at the end of the day.

woodyp, you are right about that! August is one hot month here in Texas. I'm just hoping they get it done before any possible rain rolls in. They are forecasting rain in our area for Wed, 50% chance... Of course, that can always mean nothing, but you never know. They just finished putting up the sidewalls and are are putting up the top rail now. Moving along pretty quickly. Thanks BamaRambler, that's pretty much how I've been feeling all day... seemed like this day would never arrive, lots of anticipation around here.

Re: New AG install in Texas today! Day 1 - Photos update at

Wow! What a day it's been. Lots accomplished today. Check it out!

OK, It will only let me add 3 at a time, so this is going to take a while.

Attachments

• DSCN0419.JPG
    DSCN0419.JPG
    449.1 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCN0422.JPG
    DSCN0422.JPG
    461.1 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCN0423.JPG
    DSCN0423.JPG
    439.6 KB · Views: 197

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
7th installment of photos:

This is the last one. The installers got here at 8am and left at 7pm. The pool is about 1/3 of the way full right now. They set up a small intex pool out front and started filling it as soon as they got here. When they were ready to fill our pool they started pumping water from the intex to ours in the back. Took about 25 minutes to empty the 2,000 gallon intex pool. Our pool is almost 10,000 gallons so it still has a way to go. I'm thinking it might be nearly full by morning, but not sure. We are very happy with how the install has gone so far.

More tomorrow. Night everyone!

Attachments

• DSCN0445.JPG
    DSCN0445.JPG
    450.7 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCN0444.JPG
    DSCN0444.JPG
    456.8 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCN0443.JPG
    DSCN0443.JPG
    464.3 KB · Views: 190
Re: New AG install in Texas today! - Updated Photos 8/18/13

It's been an incredible week here at the Campbell homestead. Mendez started the install on Monday 8/12/13, worked from 8a-7p, had the pool up and filling when they left that day. Day 2 they worked from 8:30am to 2:30pm and were done, so less than two days and we have a beautiful new pool to enjoy. They were very professional, cleaned up after themselves and we couldn't be happier with the communication and the quality of their work.

We had our first Pool party and cookout yesterday with our 3 adult children and grandkids and loved it! I see lots more pool parties in our future. Oh, and BTW, we LOVE our Majestic 8000 Wedding Cake Steps. We had to wait for 2 days for them to be shipped and while we were waiting, we had to use the deck ladder that came with our pool, which we quickly discovered are not for us. Love the steps and no sand or weight is needed to keep them in place.

Here are a few more pics... (Can only do 3 photos at a time, next three coming)

Attachments

• Sparkling Clear water!.JPG
    Sparkling Clear water!.JPG
    460.3 KB · Views: 132
  • Pool View from the Back End.JPG
    Pool View from the Back End.JPG
    462.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Pool View from the Covered Patio.JPG
    Pool View from the Covered Patio.JPG
    462.4 KB · Views: 132
Re: New AG install in Texas today! - Updated Photos 8/18/13

OK Pool Peeps, here are the last of the photos.

We still have a lot of plans for landscaping and also putting pavers on the side of the pool where the equipment is located, but that will all come in time. Right now we are just loving being able to spend time outside without sweating to death in the Texas heat.

Everyone have a GREAT Sunday!

Attachments

• Sparkling Clear water!.JPG
    Sparkling Clear water!.JPG
    460.3 KB · Views: 129
  • Pentair Clean & Clear 150 and 1.5 hp pump.JPG
    Pentair Clean & Clear 150 and 1.5 hp pump.JPG
    459.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Pool right before the party.jpg
    Pool right before the party.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 128
I just love getting back on the site to peek in on all the new installs! Unfortunately, I can only see one picture - that of the finished install. Love it, love it! If you want/need another of those umbrellas (less the fabric part), you are welcome to ours. We're about to take it down because we were never able to use it due to wind. But the fabric part has aged, being in full sun all day, so would need to be replaced I'm sure. We're only about 15 minutes away. Congrats on the install and I'm sure you're already swimming this year! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.