Cold weather and the Liquidator

Because the chlorine demand is so low during the winter here in Texas, I don't see why you couldn't just disconnect the liquidator and bump your FC manually when needed.

I didn't winterize last year. What do you mean by winterize? My pool has a freeze switch that keeps it running below 32 deg. F. Wouldn't think you would winterize in SW AL, either. We just moved from BHM, and the weather there was milder than Texas in both winter and summer.

I was thinking the same, 25..., that when the pool temp falls down to the point where it is using little chlorine, I'll just go out once a week and give it a hit manually but drain and remove the Liquidator until spring. (Have not received mine yet and installed it, just thinking ahead).

Thanks for the replies!

I do winterize. Not like they have to in Mn, but I drain all the equipment and blow out the lines.

Since you don't winterize, you have a few choices. 1. Keep the LQ full of chlorine and that will keep the top layer saturated with chlorine which will lower the freezing temp. 2. Cover the LQ to help insulate it from freezing. 3. Drain and clean the LQ.

Dave, I looked up winterizing on the site, and I see the various steps. It's inviting. No pump running. No chlorine all winter. No worry about freezing. Minimal pool upkeep. But, I'm afraid I would do something wrong and wind up with cracked pipes. I don't have an air tank for blowing out the lines. So, guess I will pass on that. My luck would be I'd have enough water left somewhere that during one of the teens Blue Northers I'd get a burst PVC line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.