Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: a friend said i have 'GUNGO'!

1. Back To Top    #1

a friend said i have 'GUNGO'!

Does anyone know how to get mildew, mold, gungo or whatever it's called off a plain concrete deck? It is really bad this year; the 'tan lines' where the tarp was is just awful looking.
    I tried a strong clorox bleach solution and scrubbing diligently with a long handled deck brush, but getting poor results.
    Advice needed. Thanks in advance.
    27ft Above Ground Pool
    Sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: a friend said i have 'GUNGO'!

Sounds like it's time for the pressure washer!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Yep, what Bama said. After pressure washing it. consider puting a concrete sealer on it. It will keep the dirt out of the poors in the concrete and make it easier to clean next time.
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you guys!
    ya think one of those cheap $100 pressure washers from homedepot would do it?
    27ft Above Ground Pool
    Sand filter

5. Back To Top    #5

After buying 3 of them I now consider those cheap electric pressure washers disposable, the last one from Lowes lasted less than 2 hours, upon failure I found casting sand from the pressure pump in the water passages. I currently have a gasoline powered one from Sears, bought it this fall as a last years floor model clearance for about $180, original price $399.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

When you were done scrubbing with the bleach, did you rinse it off? Let it remain on the deck.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

7. Back To Top    #7

thank you all for replies...you're all so prompt and kind!
    i went ahead & bought a $100 pressure washer from homedepot, figuring if it breaks, i'd bring it back (homedepot is terrific for refunding returns without any harassment).
    ..but anyway, it works very nicely . . better than i expected for sure. it'll take a few more sessions b4 i'm done . . . & will let y'all know if it breaks . . hehehe.
    27ft Above Ground Pool
    Sand filter

8. Back To Top    #8

I think I have the same problem. After taking the cover off, there were clear lines where it is lighter where the cover laid. Is that how yours was? Do you have before/ after pics?