...water flow problem now...

Split from hayward-voyager-filter-problems-t16643.html Please start your own thread when asking a question. :wink: Butterfly

Edit to remove Poll. jblizzle

Good Morning!

This is my first post but I have been reading the site heavily. Here are my problems: Like many others I am new to owning a pool. Purchased my home at the end of May and it came with a swamp that I eventually got cleared up (except for vacuuming). I had to leave town and left the filter off for two weeks because it was vibrating like crazy and super noisy. Of course when I returned I had a swamp again. I have cleared it up again but it is still cloudy. I got rid of the vibration by using the sock method I read about on your forum. I cut it in half and put the open part at the top of the filter and the toe part on the bottom of the filter which totally silenced the noise from the vibration. I seem to have a water flow problem now. I'm not sure if it's because of the sock or if there is a problem with the pump. I tried priming the pump and pretty much got all of the air out but it doesn't seem to be pulling in as much water in the suction. Any thoughts? I have not been able to use my pool yet! So sad......

PH 8.0 (I put in some ph lower to see if it helps to clear it up)
FC and CC not tested. Pool still at shock level
TA 130
CH 100
CYA 30

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I am not understanding the vibration issue. The filter is vibrating???

What does the pressure on your filter indicate? It sounds to me that something is clogged up if the flow have reduced. When was the last time you cleaned the filter?
Are you following the SLAM Process?

:roll: First, thank you for helping me with the posting issue! The filter was making a loud noise and you could feel the vibration when you put your hand on top. I put a sock around the top and bottom so there would be no space between the filter and the housing. That made the loud noise stop. I cleaned the filter before I did that. I had been fighting algae so I have been SLAMing the pool. I came home to a fairly clear pool yesterday. I did one more brushing to stir up what was left on the bottom (which wasn't much). I added more ph up and I will test again today. When I started the psi on the filter was 14 now it is at 18 and the air is gone from the pump but the flow seems a bit low. I haven't tried to run the filter with out the cartridge to see if that helps but I will check today when I come home from work. I have the Swimpro Voyager cartridge filter and it is a b**** to get the top off so I need help. :roll:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.