In the heat of the summer, what FC do you target?

finydb

Jun 5, 2013
My phone app is targeting a range from 3-7, but when the temp is regurlarly over 100 degrees, and the sun is beating down . . . I wonder if I should make it higher?? It starts to sting my eyes on the higher side though. What is a good level for the high temps, but ok for my eyes and hair??

CYA 40
FC is anywhere between 3-7
PH is 7.8

I'm not asking how much to add . . . I'm asking what my FC should be? My app is calc'ing enough to get me over 3, I was thinking it should be more?

Sorry, I was unclear, I was referring to the OP's case. With a CYA level of 40 the FC target is 5 per the CYA/Chlorine chart. That target level is independent of the season, correct? You always want FC to be 5, year 'round is how I interpret it. So it's not as if you want FC to be 7 in the summer and 4 in the winter, for instance. You will need to add less chlorine in the winter to maintain FC = 5, but that is another issue.

I guess I was asking more in relation to algae growth than I was to the sun eating it up. I think that's why I was confused on why my levels were needed. It seems like if I kept adjusting it to 3 every evening, during the day it would be pretty much gone. The water is very warm, and the sides are also getting hot during the day. I didn't know if I should target 7 it possibly higher when it's over 100 out. I've already had to slam once, I'd rather not have to again.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.