Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Circupool RJ-45 wires melting

1. Back To Top    #1

Circupool RJ-45 wires melting

RJ-45 dc wires overheating at cell and starting to melt. Was running at 100% (1 hour on, 2 hours off) 24/7. Turned down to 60%, wiring still hot. Help Circupool...

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Circupool RJ-45 wires melting

Welcome to TFP.

How old is the unit?
    Have you called Circupool?

Unfortunately we've been seeing a few of these reports. From what I can gather, the mfg is taking care of them.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Unit is on year 3. I googled "circupool support" , and got to this site. I also emailed Circupool with a link to these photos.

I am an electrician by trade, and when we see this on A/C systems, it usually points to a loose connection. My hope is

that Circupool has identified, and resolved the issue.

4. Back To Top    #4

Great news. Circupool did a prorated warranty, sent a new cell. The problem still existed. I used a dc ammeter
    and found the dc wiring at the cell was drawing 62 amps. I spoke with Ken at Circupool, and he sent me a
    replacement controller and a return UPS label for the defective unit. I checked amperage on the new unit, and
    got a 22 amp reading at 100%, with a 2 amp drop for each 10% I lowered the output. The help I received was
    excellent. To anyone considering this product, customer service is as good as it gets.

5. Back To Top    #5

Allentown, PA

Happy for you, that you got it taken care of. I am just surprised that after being in business since 1978 they are having multiple problems with their units. At least they are honoring the warranty.
    21,500 Gallon Vinyl liner pool Eastern Pennsylvania
    Hayward 2 HP pump 2" Pvc pipes Full Sun Pool
    Hayward sand filter, Compupool CPSC 48 SWG
    12mil solar cover and reel