We went on vacation for a week and guess what, we had a dirty pool when we got home. I think the issue is that we overheated the pool right before we left, pool temp was around 86 degrees. I noticed a little algae before I left, dumped some shock (power bag from sams club) in and went on vacation. FC was around 10, little high haven't gotten a perfect mix of run time / SWG % yet. Pool activity also messes with the % I think as well.
CC .5 (possibly less, the color barely changed but went clear when we added one drop)
PH 7.3 (started the summer at 7.2, I figured aeration would have brought it up higher but hasn't yet)
Salt 2800 (test) 3100 (from computer)
FC loss is around 2-3ppm but haven't done a good test since I've been home. Dusk to early morning I mean, I've tested during the day and early morning but not at dusk to early morning.
Right now, the water is just cloudy so I may have killed the algae but not sure.
My plan of attack, just want to confirm this sounds right:
Get the FC using liquid bleach to 28 and maintain for the day. Check the next day for FC drop and continue shocking until that doesn't drop more than 1 ppm.