Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ultra Frame Intex Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Ultra Frame Intex Question

I've installed my pool and things have been great. Last week I noticed I was losing water. After inspection, I realized the pavers I put down under each foot are "poking" through (basically I can see the square shape of the paver from inside the pool). Not all have done this. However I'm pretty sure this is where the leaks are coming from. I've manager to pull two of the pavers out and reset them. I just need to the same with the rest of them. It is just messy muddy work. I will be taking the pool down in Sept (probably) for the year until spring.

In order to avoid this issue next year (live and learn), would having a 15' x 15' concrete square pad poured be a good base? Concrete doesn't self level either does it?
    4600 gallons, Intex Ultra Metal Frame 14' round 4' depth, SWG, cartridge filter pump, 2500 gph, Pool finish date: 7/16/13.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ultra Frame Intex Question

A concrete pad would work, but isn't necessary and is way overkill. If your leaks are around the pavers you probably should be able to see a little hole where the sharp edges were...can you? How much water are you losing?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Sink those pavers to be level with the ground "not above the ground" and that should solve your problem.

Of course this means a drain and refill I am sorry to say
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2017-Intex Ultra Frame 16x48 5000 Gallons
    Intex 2800GPH Pump with 14" Intex Sand Filter
    My Intex Pool Setup Video :Intex pool rises from the ashes - installing and leveling - EP-72 - YouTube

4. Back To Top    #4

You can use wood instead of pavers and round the edges of the wood. The use of pavers under Intex poles is a little over kill. I use small pieces of wood from the picket of a stockade fence. The pieces are about six inches by 3 inches and 1/4 inch thick. I don't really even need anything under my pool legs. It could be because I live in the Northeast and we don't have clay to deal with.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by unkyjoe
    Sink those pavers to be level with the ground "not above the ground" and that should solve your problem.

Of course this means a drain and refill I am sorry to say
    Not necessarily, on the round intex pools, you can jack up each leg and fix the paver so it is level with the ground, search for 'jacking an intex pool'
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm losing around an inch of water a day. I will check about jacking the legs up. I did find some small holes and patched them. Still losing water though so evidently I missed some. Got in the pool today and found a few more in the same area and patched those.

Thanks for the help. It makes a huge difference.
    4600 gallons, Intex Ultra Metal Frame 14' round 4' depth, SWG, cartridge filter pump, 2500 gph, Pool finish date: 7/16/13.

7. Back To Top    #7

As I filled my pool...I kept adjusting the pavers out as needed. Had to work quick because once you notice they needex moved out...the weight from water waz an issue. (Also tried to have them level with ground as stated above)

...now...after pool has been up for few months...the pool had shifted about 1/2.... so since I just drained and refilled (long story....wife wasnt stayong on top of SWS...lol) but noticed and moved pavers.
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' x 52"
    Intex 3000 gph Sand Filter Pump, Intex Salt Water System SWG
    Hayward Thru Wall Skimmer and stock return line
    Two Hayward I lets
    Florida/Alabama

8. Back To Top    #8

just jack up the pool and pull the pavers away from the liner. thats what i did. all you need is a floor jack and two by four. place the two by near the T fitting and jack it up a few inches.
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

9. Back To Top    #9

Make sure your ground is level and then dig down for the pavers so they are also level. Severe shifting is a problem that I had when the ground was not level, even thought I leveled the pavers. As the pool filled, everything shifted several inches. I still have one or two pavers that shifted a little and I stuck Styrofoam around the corners to keep them from poking into the bottom of the pool. As someone else mentioned, as the pool is filling, it is critical that you repeatedly walk around, pull the legs out, and make adjustments to the pavers. Good luck
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).