Anyone ever use a Preval Sprayer

SJS101

Apr 19, 2013
Louisiana
I want to apply a gelcoat to my fiberglass slide and found some good review of this product. Curious if anyone has used this device to apply a fiberglass gelcoat to refinish a slide.

http://www.preval.com/what-is-preval

preval-sprayer.jpg

I've used them for auto touch-up, and they worked well. It's on the order of a rattle can that you can fill yourself. It seems like gel coat is pretty thick for use in that. But, then I've never sprayed on gel coat.

It's been a long time since I did any Fiberglas work, and it was on a boat, not a pool slide. You better wait for someone else to answer this one.

After looking at my slide really closely I may be able to get away with using 3M Fiberglass Restorer and Wax. May not need to redo the gel coat after all. This stuff looks like it does a great job restoring shine to fiberglass boats.

331306F-p.jpg

Hey guys! I know I'm late to this but in case someone stumbles upon this through a search, gelcoat may be thinned for use in a Portable Preval Sprayer with styrene monomer. The Sprayer is an amazing spray system however acetone is NOT recommended except in clean-up. Do not use more than 15% by volume of thinner, and always add thinner, tint, OPR metal flake first then add the Catalyst or Hardener and mix thoroughly. Over thinning will result in an inadequate thickness for full curing.

We have a more detailed section in our FAQs on our website, if you'd like more info! Or feel free to ask questions here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.