Hello All. I'm new to the forum. I'm in the process of designing and getting quotes on a new pool in Southern California. I've had 3 different designers come out and they all recommended 3 completely different pool designs and equipment to purchase, so it's very difficult to compare. My question now is on the Pump:
Sta Rite vs Pentair vs Hayward vs EcoPump:
- Did Pentair purchase Sta Rite? If so, is Sta Rite their lower level option or are they equal?
- Which specific model would you choose within each of the 4 manufactures (Pentair IntelliFlo, Hayward EcoStar, Sta-Rite IntelliPro, EcoPump? I want to make side by side comparison spreadsheet on which would give the optimal long term choice for Energy Consumption and Efficiency since the pump is going to be the highest electricity drain.
- Will want to calculate how much energy is used for each option to make one full volume turnover with each pump option?
- How many times should we turn the water over each day?
- Some discussions online talk about running the pump at low setting with variable speed pump 24 hours a day. Is that a good plan?